Like many artists of his generation, the origin of Ryan Lamont’s style as a DJ and producer can be traced back to his exposure to the creatively fertile ground that was the Toronto warehouse party and rave scene of the […]
Manzone & Strong have been Toronto favorites since the early 90s. Voted “BEST LOCAL HOUSE DJS” for 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008 and 2009 at the “Toronto Nightclub Awards” together they’ve hosted some of the largest nightclub and outdoor events in […]
Its that time of year again, when I play my top picks for best techno tracks of the past 365 days. It was hard narrowing it down to 25 tracks, but after a lot of hard work its done. With […]
Vito started djing at the age of 16 when he bought his first set of turntables. All tho Vito his craft from his love of jungle drum and bass. Once his craft was perfected he made the transition to house. […]
DJ Billy Bass, AKA Bass, most notable for his support and love for the underground Toronto house, tech-house and techno music scene, is working his way up the ranks with his fellow local talent. Originally delivering a mix of funky […]
Like many artists of his generation, the origin of Ryan Lamont’s style as a DJ and producer can be traced back to his exposure to the creatively fertile ground that was the Toronto warehouse party and rave scene of the mid to late 1990s. Incredibly moved by his first encounters with the culture and deeply inspired by the creative possibilities of electronic music in general, it wasn’t long before Ryan found himself behind decks dabbling with the sounds of progressive trance,U.K Hard House and Breaks. Within a few short years, however Ryan’s style made of notable shift, gradually becoming more influenced by Toronto, Ontario’s flourishing, yet relatively unknown, Techno scene and maturing into the unique and driving sound he is most commonly known for today. His sly mixing and intuitive approach to track selection started generating a powerful response from dance floors, and it wasn’t long before the serious gurus started to take notice. At the ripe young age of 21 he got his first major break DJing for Dose productions, and from there things only seemed to go up. By 2001 Ryan was already being booked at several highly esteemed clubs in Toronto such as Turbo and System SoundBar, and became a veritable household name in Ontario’s techno community, occupying several establishments such as legendary venues as Space, D2, Felicity’s and The Purple Room. Soon enough he took on the world, playing at several premier events in Greece, Ukraine, England, Germany and the United States.
Hour 1: Brennen Kovic
1. Alcatraz – Giv Me Luv (Nicole Moudaber Remix)
2. D-Unity – Bang (Original Mix)
3. Tom Eirh – The Lucy Hunter (Original Mix)
4. Krischmann & Klingenberg – Mind Controller (Original Mix)
5. Maceo Plex – Conjure Floyd (Original Mix)
6. Adrian Hour, Mark Knight – Get Down (Original Mix)
7. Filterheadz – Flying Colours (Original Mix) (TACK OF THE MONTH)
8. Alberto Ruiz, Joe Red – Fade Out (Original Stick)
9. Jay Lumen – You Know (Original Mix)
10. Adrian Hour – Again Faster (Alberto Ruiz Remix)
11. Loco & Jam – Hit The Switch (Original Mix)
Hour 2: Manzone & Strong
Manzone & Strong have been Toronto favorites since the early 90s. Voted “BEST LOCAL HOUSE DJS” for 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008 and 2009 at the “Toronto Nightclub Awards” together they’ve hosted some of the largest nightclub and outdoor events in North America including numerous live to airs and music productions. MANZONE & STRONG have perfected the ideal combination of slamming beats and crowd hype through skilled music programming and effective crowd manipulation.
Their brand of house music is fueled by an endless array of samples, loops and efx that are constantly being injected into the mix re-creating new rhythms. Whether its on 4 decks or back to back, these two are guaranteed to deliver the goods time and time again. For over a decade their unique style has echoed throughout the scene thus rewarding them with many residencies locally and internationally including the world famous GUVERNMENT (Toronto), THE DRINK, SKYBAR, THIS IS LONDON, BEACH CLUB (Montreal), BOOM BOOM ROOM (Windsor) and many more.
They’ve spun alongside legends such as Deadmau5, Mark Knight, Avicii, Steve Lawler, Laidback Luke, Steve Angello, Chris Lake, Roger Sanchez, Chus & Ceballos, Paul Oakenfold, Erick Morillo, Fedde Le Grand, Dubfire, Davide Squillace, David Guetta, Felix Da Housecat, Marco Carola, Oscar G, Robbie Rivera, Jose Nunez, D-Fuse, Bad Boy Bill, Donald Glaude, Gene Ferris, Harry Romero, Crystal Method, Eddie Halliwell, Lisa Lashes, DJ Dan, Axwell, Clive Henry, Benny Benassi, John Acquaviva, Green Velvet, Danny Howells, Nic Fanciulli, Desyn Masiello, Luke Chable & Phil K, Hatiras, Richard Vission, Hector Romero, Migel Migs, Antoine Clamaran, Seb Fontaine, Loco Dice, Mistress Barbara, Nick Warren, Audiofly, Derrick Carter, Peter Presta, Rene Amesz, Armand Van Helden, Mstrkrft, Steve Porter, Kaskade, Nick Terranova (aka Starkillers), The Scumfrog and many others.
Check out their sound and featured downloadable mix via their website.
◙ JOE MANZONE
◙ FAB STRONG
1. Mickael Davis & A-Hvich – Zsource (Original Mix)
2. Minicoolboyz -Placebo (Original Mix)
3. Sasha Carassi -Cube
4. Bodyscrub, Tom Laws – Breaking Shadows (Mars Bill Remix)
5. NHB -Shoreline (Original Mix)
6. Aerodroemme – Anger Management (Florian MSK Remix)
7. Cristian Varela – Pornogames (Alex Di Stefano Remix)
8. Giorgio Rusconi – Lost In Mannheim
9. Hugo Bianco – Eye Phone (Hollen Remix)
10. Sam Paganini – Rave
11. Julian Jeweil-Los Pistolos (Original Mix)
12. Oliver Huntemann, Dubfire-Agua feat. Xenia Beliayeva (Original Mix)
13. Christian Cambas -Increase The Grease (Original Club Mix) (TRACK OF THE YEAR)
14. Giorgio Rusconi-Wonderwall (Original Mix)
15. DJ Boris-Music Is Medicine (Original Mix)
16. Stefano Noferini – Million Units (Original Mix)
17. Christian Smith feat. Cevin Fisher – The Urge (Original Mix)
18. Christian Cambas-Circle Of Madness (Original Mix)
19. Julian Jeweil – 5 (Original Mix)
20. Loco -A Pinch Of Spice (Original Mix)
21. Hollen – Trooper (original mix)
22. Matt Minimal -Same Things (Original Mix)
23. Uto Karem – Breaking (Original Mix)
24. Dosem-Cityscapes (Original Mix)
25. Cirez D-Ruby (Original Mix)
Its that time of year again, when I play my top picks for best techno tracks of the past 365 days. It was hard narrowing it down to 25 tracks, but after a lot of hard work its done. With amazing music by NHB, Christian Cambas, Sam Paganini, Christian Smith, Julian Jeweil, Hollen, Cirez D, and many more, this was a great year for techno. What track is my pick for best of the year? Tune in on Monday December 22 to find out.
So thank you to all the DJs, Producers, Digitally Imported, and most of all, the fans for making this the best year for Music at Night.
Hour 1: Brennen Kovic
1. DUnity – Midnight Sex Stories (Original Mix)
2. Loco and Jam – Grinder (Original Mix)
3. The Junkies-Get Down (Original Mix)
4. Pedro Delgaredo, Dualitik – Tknofilia (Alex Di Stefano Remix)
5. Alan Fitzpatrick-Organic (Original Mix)
6. Oliver Huntemann, Dubfire-Agua feat. Xenia Beliayeva (Original Mix) (TRACK OF THE MONTH)
7. Hollen – Kalypso (Original Mix)
8. Eddie Amador-House Music (Uto Karem Remix)
9. Pig and Dan – The Filth (Original Mix)
10. Carlos Almazan – Vaiven (Original Mix)
11. Oliver Huntemann-Vienna (Original Mix)
Hour 2: Vito
Recorded live from Ryze
Vito started djing at the age of 16 when he bought his first set of turntables. All tho Vito his craft from his love of jungle drum and bass. Once his craft was perfected he made the transition to house. Where he quickly became a city favorite. Vito held residencies at fluid mad bar and comfort zone
Currently Vito works for add music and for his long time and best friend Addy where they continue to throw great tech techno parties at Ryze. Vito in addition to playing at Ryze also is a regular for stacked.
Hour 1: Brennen Kovic
1. ANNA-Drum Machines Do Have Soul (Original Mix)
2. Dosem-Chase The Link (Original mix)
3. Jel Ford- Backyard (Original Mix)
4. Cirez D-Ruby (Original Mix)
5. Jel Ford-Meeting Of Minds (Original Mix)
6. Loco -A Pinch Of Spice (Original Mix)
7. Christian Smith feat. Cevin Fisher – The Urge (Original Mix) (TRACK OF THE MONTH)
8. Jewel Kid-Mandy (Original Mix)
9. Jewel Kid-Strange Days (Original Mix)
10. Christian Smith-Who You Are (Original Mix)
Hour 2: Billy Bass
DJ Billy Bass, AKA Bass, most notable for his support and love for the underground Toronto house, tech-house and techno music scene, is working his way up the ranks with his fellow local talent. Originally delivering a mix of funky tech-house, with an upbeat vibe that would bring any feet to the dance floor, Bass has proven his skill and versatility with the evolution of his rhythmic blend of darker tech-house and techno.
In his earlier days of spinning, his victory of the DJ Competition at The Silver Dollar fuelled his passion and determination to get behind the DJ Booth and join Toronto’s heavy hitting DJs. This determination landed Billy Bass a temporary residency at The Comfort Zone.
He spins a variety of darker tech-house and techno and idolizes the productions of D-Unity, Ant Brooks, White Noise and Matt Sassari. DJ Billy Bass is very much involved in the tech-house and techno music scene in Toronto and takes pride in consistently proving his skills as an artist with his bookings at a variety of events, including regular bookings at Stacked Events, hosted by Chris Fresque. To further compliment his skills as an artist, Bass has ventured into production, not only as a solo artist, but has collaborated with Andrew McMahon and created a production duo known as The Bass Projektz, with their first single scheduled for release in early 2015. Along with fellow DJ Pinky Pereira, DJ Billy Bass has created the Techno Event, DTF (Dark Techno Fridays), with plans to bring it to the next level in the upcoming years.
Bass loves bringing great music to the people who crave it and never disappoints the crowd. He loves the unique sounds, fun loving people and the genuine emotions that the music he shares brings out in everyone. He has the experience and expertise to wow the crowd and has been doing it consistently since 2010.
Pay attention as DJ Billy Bass rises to the challenge of bringing you a sound not quite like anybody else. You’re in for an amazing rhythmic ride.